JSyn - Audio Synthesis Software API for Java
JSyn allows you to develop interactive computer music programs in Java. You can run them as stand-alone applications, or as Applets in a web page. JSyn can be used to generate sound effects, audio environments, or music. JSyn is based on the traditional model of unit generators which can be connected together to form complex sounds. For example, you could create a wind sound by connecting a white noise generator to a low pass filter that is modulated by a random contour generator.
- Real-time, high fidelity audio synthesis software.
- Library of unit generators including oscillators, filters, envelopes, noise generators, effects.
- Most internal operations use 64 bit floating point values.
- Audio sample playback can be combined with other synthesis and processing units.
- Easy to use Java classes for creating, connecting and controlling unit generators.
- Time-stamping to allow scheduling of control events for rock solid timing.
- Sample and envelope data queuing supports flexible looping and splicing.
- Audio input support for voice recording and processing.
- JSyn can be used from a Java Application or as an Applet in a web browser.
- A number of example Applets are provided that demonstrate these features.
- Documentation includes JavaDocs, and a slide presentation from ICMC'98
- Visit our Developer Page for the info you need to develop JSyn programs and put them in a web page.
Follow JSyn on Google+
- JSyn is released under the Apache License V2.